Customer Support: sales@CarlisleIT.com
Ultra High-Speed Interconnect System
CarlisleIT (Carlisle Interconnect Technologies) Octax®-Solo 10Gbps Ethernet connector is a single-port, standalone connector.
The Octax connector:
- Uses innovative inserts to isolate each twisted pair and contact.
- Cable and twist is maintained extremely close to the contacts to minimize characteristic impedance mismatch.
- Each insert serves as an isolated cell to virtually eliminate near-end crosstalk.
- Capable of operating in data transmission speeds of 10 Gigabits/sec (Gbps) or higher.
- Delivers 10x the transmission speed (10Gbps signal), and 2x the density compared to quadrax-type solutions.
- The Octax standard M39029 crimp contacts reduce manufacturing installation time and provide a field repairable solution with ease.
Features & Benefits
|Gigabit and 10 Gbps Ethernet data transfer speed||Allows for higher quantities of data to transfer at quicker speeds covering a variety of 1Gb applications and emerging 10Gb needs|
|Field repairable||Designed for easier and less costly on-site termination repair|
|Uses standard 22D crimp contacts (M39029)||Standard off-the-shelf contacts are readily available and requires no special tooling|
|Small form factor||Critical space savings for highly dense applications|
|Anti-decoupling/self-locking mechanism for rugged environments||Connector will not disconnect/uncouple in a high vibration application|
- Single-Port 10Gbps Ethernet connector
(compatible with CarlisleIT Gigabit series Ethernet cables)
- Aerospace and military
- High Definition Video Displays
- Data Loading
- Any high-speed Ethernet application
|OCTAX-SOLO-FM-PCB*||Straight PCB, flange mount|
|OCTAX-SOLO-FMR*||Flange mount receptacle connector|
*In-line and jam nut designs also available
|Test Scope||Per Specification||Notes|
|Operating Temperature Range||-65°C to 175°C|
|Altitude Immersion||EIA-364-03||70,000 ft., 500 VRMS|
|Contamination by Fluids||MIL-STD-810||By Similarity|
|Sand and Dust||MIL-STD-810||By Similarity|
|Corrosion Resistance||EIA-364-26, Condition A||100 hrs|
|Vibration - Random||EIA-364-28, Condition V, Letter "J"|
|Durability||MIL-DTL-38999||500 Mate/Unmate Cycles|
|Mating Cycles||EIA-364-28, Condition V, Letter "J"|
|Coupling Torque||EIA-364-8310 mV drop|
|Contact Retaining Force||EIA-364-29, Method B6 lbs max, .012" Displacement|
|Dielectric Withstand Voltage||EIA-364-20||500VRMS, 60Hz|
|Insertion Loss||< 0.3 dB up to 5 GHz|
|Return Loss||> 20 dB up 5 GHz|
|NEXT and FEXT||> 40 dB up 5 GHz|
|Differential to Common Mode Conversion||> 50 dB up 5 GHz|