Staying connected during storm season is key – here are five innovative technologies that will keep you informed even in harsh weather environments.
1. Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) Connectors: Electromagnetic fields created during a lightning strike can create powerful (and dangerous) conditions for in-flight aircraft. Designed to keep you safe when flying during inclement weather, TVS technology grounds this surge of electricity to prevent it from damaging components within a plane.
2. Fiber optic cable: Even at 30,000 feet, fiber optic technology enables quick communication with your friends and family on the ground, so you can ensure that everybody is safe and sound.
3. Traffic Alert & Collision Avoidance Systems (TCAS): When visibility is low, pilots can rely on TCAS navigation systems, supported by RF coaxial cable, to monitor the surrounding airspace.
4. Satellite Communications Systems (SATCOM): Antenna systems on aircraft are built to withstand threatening weather and will deliver up-to-the-minute radar information.
5. RF Coaxial Cable for Satellite Imagery: High-frequency, coaxial cable enables the International Space Station (ISS) to share images of significant weather systems, so that we always have an up-to-date view of the storm.
CarlisleIT’s products make critical connections, when performance matters. For more information on how high-frequency, high performance interconnect systems can help you through inclement weather please visit www.CarlisleIT.com.