Customer Support: sales@CarlisleIT.com
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies Launches Octax®-Solo Ethernet Interconnect System
Standalone Connector is a Complimentary Addition to the Growing Octax® Family of Solutions Serving the Military and Aerospace Markets
St. Augustine, Florida – June 22, 2017— Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CarlisleIT), one of the world’s leading designers of high-performance interconnect solutions for the Military and Aerospace industry, has announced the launch of Octax-Solo 10Gb Ethernet Interconnect System designed to deliver high-speed data transmission in a compact, lightweight and field-terminable connector, best suited for use in rugged-environment applications.
The Octax-Solo Interconnect System is compatible with CarlisleIT Gigabit series Ethernet cables, and is ideal for any high-speed Ethernet application.
Octax-solo augments Carlisle's existing line of Octax solutions by providing a single port connector series, RoHS compliant with Nickel PTFE plating finish and Smaller form factor than 38999 shell size 9 (close to a shell size 8).
“Paired with CarlisleIT’s MX-10G family of Ethernet cables, the Octax-Solo connector reliably delivers the 10Gbps performance our customers require in their rugged applications,” said Brian Montgomery, Director of Product Management.
- Gigabit and 10Gbps Ethernet data transfer speed - allows for higher quantities of data to transfer at quicker speeds covering a variety of 1Gb applications and emerging 10Gb Ethernet data transfer speeds.
- Field repairable - designed for easy and less costly on-site termination repair, so no need to send it back to the factory and spend days for it to be repaired.
- Standard 22D crimp contacts (M39029) - readily available and require no special tooling.
- Small form factor - perfect space-saver for highly dense applications.
- Anti-decoupling/self-locking mechanism for rugged environments - the connector will not disconnect/uncouple in a high vibration application.
About Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire and cable, including optical fiber. Since 1940, we have grown our product portfolio to include specialty and filtered connectors, contacts, cable assemblies, complex harnesses, racks, trays and installation kits. In addition to our vast product breadth, we provide our customers a higher level of support by offering engineering and certification services for the commercial aerospace, military and defense electronics, industrial, test & measurement, and medical industries. For more information visit www.CarlisleIT.com.
Media Inquiries Contact:
Donna Leggate, Director of Marketing, (253) 656-2795, Donna.Leggate@CarlisleIT.com