Customer Support: sales@CarlisleIT.com
Jerrik, Inc. part of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies has been a leader in the interconnect market for over 25 years and specializes in manufacturing connectors to Mil-Spec and custom configurations, incorporating state of the art design and manufacturing practices. We currently have an immediate need for a Process Engineer.
The Process Engineer utilizes engineering principles, processes, and methods to meet customer based quality standards in the most cost effective manner. Resolve technical problems that would significantly affect schedule in support of the manufacturing and product development plans. Through the application of statistical tools, create processes that are capable and in control.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Observe safety rules and promote plant safety initiatives
• Analyze process variations and develop solutions leading to the implementation of corrective action
• Establish/improve inspection, manufacturing, safety, and standard procedures
• Demonstrate realized procedures to associated employees
• Significant problem solving involving changes in products, processes, equipment, shipping schedules, and personnel while maintaining or improving production efficiency, product quality, and customer satisfaction
• Participate in value stream team, productivity, product quality, safety, and waste meetings/projects within area of responsibility
• Development of new products/processes
• Accumulate technical data to determine equipment performance specifications
• Execution of capital projects
• Ability to build and work within teams
• Ability to work within cross-functional environment to gain consensus and cooperation
• Understand electrical/optical signal transmission principles and their relationship to product characteristics and process impact
*Other duties may be assigned*
Capable of leading engineering technicians for successful completion of assigned projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• The ideal candidate will have a BS in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• Connector manufacturing experience preferred.
• Experience with SolidWorks software preferred
• Project management training a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Experience with lean manufacturing and cellular based manufacturing preferred
• Experience with data acquisition hardware and software preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
Excellent ability to read, write, speak and understand English
The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. The ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
• Frequently required to stand and walk
• Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required, i.e. close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
This is an air conditioned facility with many pieces of equipment that produce heat. The following are potential items encountered: fumes, dust, noise, hazardous/toxic chemicals. Appropriate training is provided and documented based on job placement that complies with OSHA and EPA regulations.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
ASTM F–2412–2005, ANSI Z41–1999, or ANSI Z41–1991 rated safety toed shoes and clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
TRAVEL 0% - 10%
I have read and understand the job description requirements and I am able to accomplish the essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications.